Praying with our daughters is such a privilege, and it is something we can do every day!
“My Street” is a way to enjoy praying for your neighbors with your daughter. This activity can help your daughter become more familiar with your neighbors’ names and with where each neighbors’ house is located. And more importantly, you may find that as your daughter prays with you for your neighbors, her care and concern for your neighbors will increase, developing in her a heart to serve them and share Christ with them.
1. Collect the names of the people on your street.
2. Cut out and decorate paper houses to represent each house your neighbors live in. (We used index cards and cut off two corners to create the roof of the house.)
3. Write a house number on each house, correlating to the numbers on the houses of your street. Write the corresponding neighbor’s names on the back of each house.
1. Lay the houses on a table or on the floor in the order of how the houses are arranged on your street.
2. Have your daughter “drive and park” a toy car at the home of her choice.
3. After the car is parked by a house, turn the house card over and pray for the neighbors listed on the back of the card by name.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you are ready to stop or when all your neighbors are prayed for.
Hint: If you have a very young daughter, you may want to have her fold their hands each time you pray. This can encourage her to let the toy car stay “parked” as you pray!
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great
and mighty things, which thou knowest not."